Registration / Networking Breakfast
TDWI Analyst Presentation
Modern Data Management in the Age of Cloud and Data Science: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities.
Speaker: David Stodder, Director, TDWI Research, Business Intelligence.
In this session, TDWI analyst David Stodder will discuss important trends in data management and analytics and highlight how to incorporate into your strategy solutions based on data virtualization, which can make siloed data look unified, provide real-time data capabilities, govern data access, and enable new practices such as agile development and self-service data prep and analysis.
Enabling a Modern Data Management with Data Virtualization.
Speaker: Pablo Alvarez, Global Director of Product Management.
Through 2020, 50% of enterprises will implement some form of data virtualization as one enterprise production option for data integration" according to Gartner. It is clear that data virtualization has become a driving force for companies to implement an agile, real-time and flexible enterprise data architecture. In this session, find out what data virtualization is, how it works, the key capabilities as well as watch a demo.
Autodesk: Data Virtualization as the Core of BI 2.0 Architecture Powered by Spark and AWS.
Speaker: Kurt Jackson, Platform Architect, Autodesk.
Autodesk is a global software corporation that develops software for the engineering, manufacturing, and media industries. The company decided to transform its revenue model from a perpetual licensing to subscription-based licensing model to propel growth. Autodesk designed a modern data architecture around logical data warehouse that heavily uses data virtualization to integrate new transaction sources, including big data systems like Spark, while retaining the old systems, which are actively used for reporting and complying with regulations.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can build a logical data warehouse using data virtualization.
- How to create a single, unified enterprise-wide access point for any data used within the company How data virtualization enables easy migration of on-premises systems to the cloud
Panel & Q&A Discussion
Hands-on Lab: Data Virtualization for a Modern Data Architecture
This session will be just what it says…. a chance for you to get hands-on experience with the Denodo Platform for Data Virtualization for a deeper understanding of how quickly and easily you can integrate and provision data using the Denodo Platform. All you need to bring is a laptop or tablet to be able to try out the Denodo Platform and participate in any of the hands-on exercises.
In the Hands-on Lab, you will get to experience:
- How the all new in-memory massive parallel processing feature along with Denodo dynamic query optimizer delivers data in real-time, on-demand even when dealing with very large data sets.
- How you can expose business friendly information for self-service consumption to your business users by using the all new dynamic data catalog feature.
- How data virtualization can play a critical role in data governance and security within your organization.