Registration and Networking Breakfast
TDWI Analyst Presentation
Modern Data Management in the Age of Cloud and Data Science: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities.
Speaker: Philip Russom, Ph.D. Industry Analyst, TDWI.
In this session, TDWI analyst Philip Russom will discuss important trends in data management and analytics and highlight how to incorporate into your strategy solutions based on data virtualization, which can make siloed data look unified, provide real-time data capabilities, govern data access, and enable new practices such as agile development and self-service data prep and analysis.
Enabling a Modern Data Management with Data Virtualization.
Speaker: Paul Moxon, VP Data Architectures and Chief Evangelist, Denodo.
Through 2020, 50% of enterprises will implement some form of data virtualization as one enterprise production option for data integration" according to Gartner. It is clear that data virtualization has become a driving force for companies to implement an agile, real-time and flexible enterprise data architecture. In this session, find out what data virtualization is, how it works, the key capabilities as well as watch a demo.
Customer Success Story
Powering Modern Data Management and Self-Service BI on the Cloud.
Speakers: Andrew Sohn, SVP, Global Chief Digital & Analytics Officer, Crawford & Company.
Crawford & Company, a global leader in claims and risk management, is developing new, global end-to-end services on the cloud that span previously stand-alone, country-specific products. Data and data-driven insight have taken center stage, as Crawford continues its market leadership. Modern data virtualization and data governance tools and practices has been the secret to better Self-Service BI for Crawford’s end users, resulting in faster time-to-market for Crawford’s products and services.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Crawford gets a holistic, real-time view of its enterprise data using a unique, agile data architecture.
- How Crawford uses Denodo on the cloud to abstract out data complexities to allow users to be productive with tools they are familiar with.
- What lies ahead in Crawford Enterprise Data Architecture.
Panel and Q&A Discussion
Hands-on Lab: Data Virtualization for a Modern Data Architecture
This session will be just what it says…. a chance for you to get hands-on experience with the Denodo Platform for Data Virtualization for a deeper understanding of how quickly and easily you can integrate and provision data using the Denodo Platform. All you need to bring is a laptop or tablet to be able to try out the Denodo Platform and participate in any of the hands-on exercises.
In the Hands-on Lab, you will get to experience:
- How the all new in-memory massive parallel processing feature along with Denodo dynamic query optimizer delivers data in real-time, on-demand even when dealing with very large data sets.
- How you can expose business friendly information for self-service consumption to your business users by using the all new dynamic data catalog feature.
- How data virtualization can play a critical role in data governance and security within your organization.